05 August Meeting Notes and News for Cozy CRIT-ters—a critique group for cozy mystery authors. #CozyCRITters #cozymystery #CozyMysteryCritiqueGroup
Wednesday Critique virtual meeting via Zoom. Five people attended: Dianne L. (read Ch 9-11 of Murder Goes on Vacation), Karen W. (read the 3rd installment of Black Daiquiri), Sharon N., Sherry C., and potential new member Shari Hearn.
Attendance & Reading Schedule
- Tonya A.
- Sharon N.
- Julie B.
- Lisa W.
- Dianne L.
- Anne S.
- Sherry C.
- Karen W.
- 8/05 — Saturday, August 15
- 7/18 — Saturday, August 15
News and Notes:
Potential New Member: Shari Hearn, author of paranormal cozy mysteries and Miss Fortune world fan fiction. Former TV sitcom writer.
Karen Sue Walker presents Creating a Killer Marketing Plan for the SCWA Pub Shop on Tuesday, August 25 at 10:00 a.m., via Zoom. Click Here to Signup!
The Cozy CRIT-ters are still staying home and staying safe. Critiquing and camaraderie continue via Zoom virtual meetings. 🙂
Author readings are scheduled at the Saturday meetings.
Official Saturday topic discussions have been put on hold until we can meet again in person, but that doesn’t prohibit the spur-of-the-moment discussions.
- Cozy CRIT-ters Writing Sprints: every Friday at 5:00 p.m., via Zoom.
- SCWA Happy Hour: every Friday at 4:30 p.m., via Zoom. Visit the SCWA website for more information.
- FREE Online Workshops: 1-hour with Jane K. Cleland, 10:00 a.m. PT. August 15 – “Crafting Evocative Prose, Part One: Tools of the Trade.” September 12 – “Crafting Evocative Prose, Part Two: The Metaphor Machine.” Sign up in advance here.
Please find us on Facebook. We’d love to have you join us!