01 September cozy critters meeting notes Meeting Notes and News for Cozy CRIT-ters—a critique group for cozy mystery authors. #CozyCRITters #cozymystery #CozyMysteryCritiqueGroup
Wednesday Critique virtual meeting via Zoom. Five people attended: Dianne L., Karen W. (read the first half of her short story, TEA IS FOR TRICKS), Rose C., Shari H. (read the 2nd submission of her short story, MURDER MOST DE-FRIGHTFUL), and Sherry C.
Attendance & Reading Schedule
- Sherry C.
- Dianne L.
- Lisa W.
- Rose C.
- Martina D.
- Anne S
- Karen W.
- Shari H.
- 09/01 – Saturday September 18
- 07/17 – Saturday September 18
News and Notes:
Karen, Martina, and Shari’s short stories are due September 18 for the final round in hopes of making it into the 20 Books Cozy Mystery Anthology. Good luck, ladies.
Sherry C. submitted two short stories (BAGPIPES, HAGGIS, AND BURNS, and THE SOZZLED FLAPPER) for the Malice Domestic 17 Anthology.
Sherry C. is in the query trenches with her cozy mystery TIME’S UP FOR FATHER TIME. (Pen Name: Abigail Leigh Reed).
Author readings are scheduled at the Saturday meetings.
Official Saturday topic discussions have been put on hold until we can meet again in person, but that doesn’t prohibit the spur-of-the-moment discussions.
- Cozy CRIT-ters Writing Sprints: every Friday at 5:00 p.m. PT, via Zoom. Contact Sherry or Karen for a Zoom link.
- Plotting Parties! Join in the fun and brainstorming sessions on the 2nd Tuesdays of each month at 4:00 p.m. PT. Contact Karen W. for the Zoom link.
- SCWA Happy Hour: every Friday at 4:30 p.m. PT, via Zoom. Visit the SCWA website for more information.
Please find us on Facebook. We’d love to have you join us!